What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you log in to our site, update your personal profile, place an order, donate blood, attend a training event, subscribe to email notifications or publications, respond to an online survey or submit a Web form.
When logging in, ordering or performing other transactions on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, job title, employer’s name, birth date, age, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may visit our site anonymously; however, performing certain transactions on our site may not be possible without providing such information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our Web site. We continually strive to improve our Web site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information may be shared with third-party service providers who use it to perform functions on our behalf. These companies or individuals may perform services such as processing orders, sending mail or email, providing marketing or database marketing services, providing search engine optimization analysis or providing call center services, among others.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. We may use email addresses you provide to send you information and updates pertaining to our products and services that you use, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If you wish to restrict the use of your email address in any way, please call (800) 288-2199.
- To schedule blood donations. We may use telephone numbers you provide to call you or send you text messages to schedule blood donations, to notify you of upcoming donation events or to remind you of your donation appointments.
- To notify you of important medical information. In the process of collecting, testing, processing or transfusing blood or blood products donated by you, we may need to inform you of important medical information that may affect your health, including infectious diseases. We also collect and provide as a service to our donors certain health information such as cholesterol levels. We are careful to comply with all HIPAA requirements to protect your medical information.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information. We use a secure server for payment transactions. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into payment gateway provider’s database, which is accessible only by those with authorization to such systems and are performing authorized functions.
After a payment transaction, your private information, such as credit card numbers, purchase order numbers and social security numbers, will not be stored on our servers.
Do we sell personal information to third parties?
No, we do not sell to or trade with third parties your personally identifiable information for any cross-marketing or sales purposes.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party information, products or services on our Web site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Compliance with Applicable Laws and Law Enforcement
We reserve the right to release at any time any personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies or to protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by using profile editing features of our site or by calling (800) 288-2199.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Web site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13-years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 05/31/2012.
6210 E. Oak Street
Scottsdale, Arizona 85257